Truly Lovely Candles is the Data Controller of your Information for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016.
By using our website, you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as described below in this Policy. If any changes are made to this policy, we will inform you via E-mail and you will have an option to close your account with us.
What information do we collect?
We collect your name, surname, address and email address when you sign up to our website. This information is stored on our database and is not sold to any third party. If you would like to know what data we hold about you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we do with the information?
- Administer your account
- Send communications and administrative emails about our products.
- Send your details to our courier for them to ship your order to you.
What are the rights of the Individuals whose data we process?
It is important that the information we process on you is accurate and up to date so please inform us of any changes by emailing us on email@example.com. If we are processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed of what data we are processing, what for, how we obtained the data and to whom it is released.
- You have the right to access the data we are processing on you
- The right to rectification of the data if incorrect or inaccurate
- The right of erasure (in certain circumstances such as where you gave your consent to process)
- The right to restrict processing (to request that we do not process data for certain activities in certain circumstances)
- The right to data portability (where appropriate)
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to
automated decision making
How can I find out what personal information Truly Lovely Candles hold of me?
Under the Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold of you. As permitted by the Act, and it will require two pieces of identification to prove your identity. You can obtain this information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will my personal data be used for Marketing?
Where you have provided us with the appropriate
consents, or where the Act entitles us to do so, we may send you marketing
materials about new products, the latest news, discount and offers. We will not
sell your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Keeping your personal information safe and secure
We seek to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to protect your personal information from loss and unauthorised access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
We train our staff in the policies and procedures
and design our IT systems processing personal data, based on Privacy by Design
principle. We have procedures in place to deal with a suspected data
security breach and will notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and
you of any suspected breach where legally required to do so.
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding privacy or this Policy, you may contact us on email@example.com